Girls Rock Philly is hiring! Are you our new Creative Director?
Girls Rock Philly is hiring a full-time Creative Director! Girls Rock Philly seeks a dynamic and task-oriented person to join the organization this Spring/Summer as the new Creative Director. GRP is a music and mentoring organization that empowers area girls and women through music education and activities that foster leadership skills, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration. Using a multi-generational, peer mentoring model, GRP provides music, arts, and media education in the form of instrument lessons, band creation, original songwriting, and workshops on topics such as media literacy, writing, self-defense, and confidence building.
Girls Rock Philly is excited to bring on a second full-time staff person to work in a co-director environment with our current Program Director. The staff cohort is rounded out by two part-time staff: Finance Director and Fundraising Coordinator. The staff meet regularly and are committed to collaboration and shared leadership!
Bringing an excitement for engaging people and sharing the mission of Girls Rock Philly, the Creative Director will be primarily responsible for managing the internal and external communications of the organization. In this role, the Director will build relationships with media makers and partner organizations, as well as corporate sponsors, to increase awareness of GRP, promote our programs and engage new stakeholders. Additionally, the Creative Director will coordinate Ladies Rock Camp each fall and spring.
This is a full-time year-round position. The Creative Director’s daily schedule varies based on deadlines, programming, and priorities. Some night and weekend hours are required.
The Creative Director’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and implementing marketing, communications, and public relations for Girls Rock Philly events and programs
- Seeking, engaging, and stewarding Sponsorships
- Coordinating biannual Ladies Rock Camp programming and volunteers
- Supporting major organizational programming and events along with other staff such as year-round youth programs and annual Sustaining our Sounds Gala
- Liaising with the Board of Directors at monthly board meetings and via various active committees
- Managing human resources responsibilities with Program Director
- Other organizational duties as assigned
We are hoping to find someone with:
- Experience working in marketing and communications
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Ability to communicate with a diverse public
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Excited by collaboration, but also confident working independently
- Design skills and an eye for good design
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- WordPress (and other CMS platforms) experience and knowledge a plus
- Good people skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
Strong interest in girls self-empowerment, music education and cooperative learning is very encouraged.
Salary is $30,000/year + health and dental insurance.
Please send resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st, 2015.
Girls Rock Philly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.