Professional Recording Intensive [New]
This year, we’re thrilled to offer our first ever GRP recording intensive, with Weathervane’s Julia Rainer!
WHO: GRP youth participants (ages 13-19), with a vested interest in learning the basics of recording, or practicing and refining their recording and engineering skills.
WHAT: An immersive and exciting 6-week course, exploring the art of recording and engineering with GRP peers and participants! Students will be expected to participate in a final recording project in collaboration with other GRP programs, and will have access to recording equipment rental after completing the course. We’ll work throughout the semester on skill-building in the following arenas:
- Listening & Appreciation
- Science of Sound
- Gear 101
- Field Recording Techniques
- Engineering & Mixing
- Facilitation: Skill-building for working with artists and musicians in the studio
Our work will culminate in a final performance, developed by participants.
WHERE: While some sessions may be held at our Headquarters or offsite, most sessions will be held in our new satellite space, at Jerry’s on Front (2341 N Front St)
WHEN: Thursday evenings, October 9-November 30.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill out this form as soon as possible- applications close on Thursday, October 12.
- We’ll host an informational meeting October, 5, so feel free to attend and bring any questions you may have!
- Keep an eye out for information and details from us as we approach the date!
Questions? email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org