Looping Intensive [New]
This year, we’re thrilled to offer our first ever GRP looping and sampling workshop series.
WHO: GRP youth participants (ages 13-19), with a vested interest in learning the basics of looping and sampling techniques, or practicing and refining their skills in a group setting.
WHAT:An immersive 6-week course with GRP peers and participants! Explore the possibilities of sampling and live looping to create layered, songs and pieces as a performing artist. We’ll listen and study, practice, collaborate and compose using various looping tools, culminating with performances at our fall semester showcase! During the course, we’ll dedicate time to skill-building in the following arenas:
- Listening and appreciation
- Pedals and samplers- tech 101
- Looping & Sampling beginner techniques
- Stacking, timing & sequencing loops
WHERE: While some sessions may be held at our Headquarters or offsite, most sessions will be held in our new satellite space, at Jerry’s on Front (2341 N Front St)
WHEN: TBD; Tuesday or Wednesday evenings, October 16 -November 28.
2017 Fall Application Process:
- Fill out this form as soon as possible- applications close on Thursday, October 12.
- We’ll host an mini-workshop & info meeting October, 5, so feel free to attend and bring any questions you may have!
- Keep an eye out for information and details from us as we approach the date!
Questions? email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org