Girls Rock Philly is hiring an Operations Director!
Girls Rock Philly seeks a dynamic and task-oriented person to join the organization this Spring as the new Operations Director. GRP is a music and mentoring organization that empowers area girls, women, trans and gender variant people through music education and activities that foster leadership skills, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration. Using a multi-generational, peer mentoring model, GRP provides music, arts, and media education in the form of instrument lessons, band creation, original songwriting, and workshops on topics such as media literacy, writing, self-defense, and confidence building.
This spring, GRP is excited to bring on a third full-time staff person to work in a co-director environment with our Programming Director and Community Organizing Director. The three directors will collaborate in building a successful shared leadership work environment as co-directors of GIrls Rock Philly, with support from the Board of Directors.
Bringing an excitement for the mission of Girls Rock Philly, the Operations Director will be primarily responsible for internal management of the organization. In this role, the Director will build new and strengthen existing infrastructure and internal communication. We are looking for someone who loves music as much as they love being organized!
This is a full-time year-round position. The Operations Director’s daily schedule varies based on deadlines, programming, and priorities. Some night and weekend hours are required.
The Operations Director’s responsibilities include:
- Financial Management:
- Regular meetings with the Board’s Treasurer and Finance Committee, especially in support of monthly/quarterly preparation of financial statements
- Support the Board Treasurer and outside CPAs in annual financial compilation, IRS filings, and preparation of annual organizational budget
- Administer payroll through GRP’s payroll service
- Oversee GRP’s insurance policies and PA state financial profiles
- Support Program Director in creation of program budgets
- Compile, track, and record cash/check deposits, one-off and regular payments/invoices for vendors and program participants, and other financial items as needed
- Manage cash and in-kind donations for fundraising and tax purposes
- Manage other bookkeeping duties including coding and reconciliation of transactions
- Oversee grant management with support from Board of Directors, Development Committee and co-directors. This includes maintaining grant and report calendar, financial files/records, compiling grants as well as providing guidance and support in the preparation of components of grants and grant reports, ensuring compliance with grant terms.
- Coordinate logistics of appeal mailings and donor acknowledgements.
- Facilitate major donor stewardship with support from co-directors.
- Ensure accurate data entry and database management
- Office and Program Support:
- Serve as primary office manager and facilities manager at program sites.
- Manage general administrative functions and create new systems as needed
- Participate in regular staff meetings and retreats as well as self and peer evaluations
- Support major organizational programming and events along with other staff such as year-round youth programs and annual Sustaining our Sounds Gala
- Liaise with the Board of Directors as the Staff representative
- Human Resources
- Serve as GRP’s staff point person for Human Resources systems; ensure background checks are completed on all volunteers and new hires; coordinate timing of regular staff self and peer evaluations. Seek guidance from Board of Directors as needed.
- In collaboration with co-directors, support the hiring, evaluating, supervising, and strategic growth planning of paid staff (including seasonal contractors).
- Other organizational duties as assigned
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Payroll, budgeting, and bookkeeping experience at a minimum, experience with financial reporting and experience with insurance- and government-related filings a plus
- Ability to communicate and work in diverse environments
- Good people skills!
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Excited by collaboration, but also confident working independently
- Excellent project management skills, helping to both create and maintain projects, assign tasks when needed, update progress, and keep team members on track
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Some light to heavy lifting of musical equipment (up to 50lbs)
Strong interest in youth self-empowerment, gender justice, music education and cooperative learning is very encouraged. Due to working closely with minors, Federal and PA state criminal background clearances, as well as PA child abuse clearances, are required for this position
Salary is $40,000 + health and dental insurance.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Deadline has been extended to Sunday, March 5th.
Girls Rock Philly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.